Wesbrook Place is located south of West 16th Avenue and bounded by Pacific Spirit Regional Park and the Greenway.
Construction of the commercial village and first residential properties are now underway. Visit our News + Events section for upcoming events and announcements.
Build-out of the remaining components of Wesbrook Place continues.
Wesbrook Place will be the largest neighbourhood in UTown@UBC. When complete, Wesbrook Place will be a showcase for sustainable development practices. All construction adheres to UBC’s Residential Environmental Assessment Program (REAP).
Sustainable strategies have been adopted for land use, stormwater distribution, rain water retention, green roofs, rain gardens, sediment control, park layout, vehicle and pedestrian routes, access to public transit, building siting and orientation, building materials and infrastructure. Design controls for all aspects of the development are also in place.
Here are some of the prominent features of the Wesbrook Place neighbourhood:
- Largest complement of faculty and staff housing
- Rental, family and seniors housing opportunities
- Convenient access to public transit
- Pedestrian-friendly green streets
- A community centre (in design development)
- A new 9-12 school
- Six parks
- A commercial village anchored by Save-On-Foods and complemented by a restaurant, coffee shop, liquor store and other convenient shops and services
Half of all households in Wesbrook Place will be work-study, meaning that at least one member of the household works or studies at UBC Vancouver.
The plan for this neighbourhood was approved in December 2005 and amended in December 2011 and April 2016. Some housekeeping updates may be required from time to time to remain consistent with the Land Use Plan.