Wayne and William White Engineering Design Centre (EDC)

The proposal is for the Wayne and William White Engineering Design Centre (EDC) will serve UBC engineering students and enhance the learning, social and physical environment of the Applied Science community.

DP 08020

The site is located at 2345 East Mall, adjacent to Engineering Lane. It is situated just north of The Brimacombe (AMPEL) Building, south of the CEME building, and east of the MacLeod building. Many of the Applied Science facilities are located in this area, which lies within the Main Campus Academic Core.

  • Development Permit Issued - May 2010
  • Start Construction - Fall 2010
  • Complete - August 2011

Description

The building will be three storeys in height and occupy the space of the existing portable trailers at the corner of East Mall and Engineering Lane. The new building will retain and frame the existing courtyard and retain existing trees where healthy and feasible. No new parking will be provided except for bicycles. An existing loading stall will be renovated and retained for shared use with the neighbouring CEME building.

Existing pedestrian paths will be maintained and enlivened. Site services (sanitary, water and storm) are available adjacent to the site in the street at East Mall corridor. Existing utility services on the site, serving the existing portables, will be capped and removed or relocated to suit the new work. Existing street lamps will be refurbished and reused on the site.

Manager, Development Services
(604) 822-1586

Attachments
FileCategory
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material
Reference Material