Ponderosa Commons - University Boulevard and West Mall.
- DP Application Received - July 8, 2011 Public Consultation
- Open House was held on Wednesday, September 7, 2011, 4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. in Maple Room, Ponderosa Centre, 2071 West Mall
- Development Permit Issued - January 2012
- Start Construction - Spring 2012
Phase 1 East and West will consist of two buildings incorporating 17 and 15 storey respectively towers housing student residences (total 603 beds) and the bases housing academic facilities, informal learning spaces, student collegiums, café, fitness facility and bike storage/end of trip facilities. The total building areas are Phase 1 East - 10,100 m2 and Phase 1 West - 17,800 m2. Anticipated start of construction date for Phase 1 East and West is October 2011 with completion in August 2013.
Phase 2 construction will begin immediately following Phase 1 East and West with completion in August 2015. The building of 22,145 m2 will incorporate student residence housing an additional 513 beds and a base with amenities, academic and administrative units.
- UBC Properties Trust
- Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg | Hughes Condon Marler Architects Hapa Collaborative
Manager, Development Services