Business Licenses

Business licenses are required for any person(s) to conduct a Commercial Enterprise (Business) in the local area neighborhoods as identified in the Land Use Plan.

These neighbourhoods include Chancellor Place, University Boulevard, East Campus, Hawthorn Place, Wesbrook Place and the Hampton Place Neighbourhood.

There are two types of commercial enterprises that fall under this category: General Commercial Businesses and Home Based Businesses. Commercial Enterprise means “any commercially oriented business or organization.”

A home-based business is defined as a craft or occupation conducted as an accessory use subordinate to the principal residential use of a dwelling unit (resident), and must only be conducted within the principal building on the site.


To download general commercial and home-based business license application forms and supplemental information please visit our Application Forms + Documents page.