Community Development, Campus & Community Planning, is responsible for approving and coordinating all commercial filming and photography on The University of British Columbia campuses (UBC). Approvals are also required for film/photography at the Malcolm Knapp/UBC Research Forest in Maple Ridge, BC, and the Alex Fraser/UBC Research Forest in Williams Lake, BC.
- For specific UBC Vancouver Campus procedures please refer to the Filming Guidelines.
- For news footage, press conferences or news related interviews with UBC staff please contact the Public Affairs Office.
- For students requesting to film at UBC for class projects, please refer to Student Filming.
- For a list of productions filming on campus, please refer to Film Notifications.
- For drones and drone filming, please refer to Use of Drones and Drone Filming.
The commercial filming location rate is currently $2,500 per day. Commercial photography rates are $1,250 per day.