To bring a new pedestrian and cyclist friendly residential neighbourhood with a high proportion of rental housing to the UBC community.
East Campus is located between Wesbrook Mall and Fairview Ave/Osoyoos Crescent.
All sites committed, development is in progress.
This neighbourhood will be built out by 2013. Visit our Projects + Consultations section for information about proposed or current development activity in this neighbourhood.
Here are some of the prominent features of the East Campus neighbourhood:
- Greenwood Commons has 70 rental units ranging from studios and two-bedroom units to townhouses
- Fraser Hall, a 4-storey apartment building features 24 suites with 137 bedrooms for rent by students
- TRIUMF House, a hostel, offers visiting scientists and professors a home away from home
A total of 276 new residential units are permitted in this neighbourhood, of which:
- A minimum of 193 will be rental housing
- 83 units will be family housing
The plan for this neighbourhood was approved in September 2004. Some housekeeping updates may be required from time to time to remain consistent with the Land Use Plan.
To guide the development of the East Campus Neighbourhood Plan, an Advisory Planning Committee and UBC Technical Advisory Committee were formed.
- East Campus Neighbourhood Plan [PDF] - 835KB
- P-1 UBC Campus Plan showing eight local areas for neighbourhood planning [PDF] - 578KB
- P-2 Aerial Photo Campus Context [PDF] - 387K
- P-3 Roads Context [PDF] - 391KB
- P-4 Transit Context [PDF] - 411KB
- P-5 Open Space Context [PDF] - 441KB
- P-6 Land Use Plan [PDF] - 1099KB
- P-7 Neighbourhood Open Space and Connections [PDF] - 615KB
- P-8 Illustrative Plan [PDF] - 187KB
- ID-1 Collector Road Cross-Sections [PDF] - 104KB
- ID-2 Local Road Cross-Sections [PDF] - 96KB