We would like to thank the campus community for its continued support and patience during this period of intense construction activity. With sidewalk and road closures, we ask that you continue to follow any temporary detours for your safety. Signage for pedestrians and motorists are posted near construction sites, in addition to safety personnel for guidance. Status updates on campus construction projects is available on the Infrastructure Development website.
In addition to aesthetic enhancement of the campus, all public space upgrades improve usability, environmental sustainability and quality, safety and security through:
- Improved night lighting for pedestrians;
- Conversion of roads to pedestrian only corridors;
- Well drained pathways;
- Site furnishings (e.g. benches and tables) for informal study and social interaction;
- Reduction of paved surfaces, new plantings and ecological stormwater management;
- Reduction of the number of cars on campus by encouraging public transit and active transportation such as walking and cycling.
Enhancing the pedestrian experience on campus is an integral part of the Public Realm Plan. Read this eNewsletter article to learn more about the projects in the pedestrian core of campus.
Below is a list of completed projects and consultations from the last three years, with links to more information on each. Filter the list by clicking on either "Project Name" or "Project Area"