- DP application received November 15, 2018
- Development Review Committee presentation held on November 22, 2018.
- Public Consultation - Open House was held on November 27, 2018 between 11:00am - 1:00pm in the Lobby of the Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre.
- Public Comment Period November 15 - December 4, 2018
- Development Permit Issued January 31, 2019
MacInnes Field will be an articficial turf field over the MacInnes Field Parkade that is currently under construction. The field will be used for both recreational and athletic purposes. This project also provides for the reinstatement of adjacent public realm connections around the field, AMS Student Nest, and Athletes Way between Student Union Boulevard and University Boulevard.
About the UBC Gateway Musqueam Art Installation:
The MacInnes Field project also includes plans for the installation of a significant artwork by local Musqueam artist Brent Sparrow. He will create two different wood carvings featuring images of eagles, thunderbirds and salmon. These carvings will be cast in bronze and installed on concrete pillars that will be part of a weather protected walkway separating the UBC Bus Exchange from the east side of the future MacInnes Field.
The artwork will be developed over the next year and will be installed when MacInnes Field is completed in late 2020. For more information on this artist and installation please refer to the UBC Gateway Musqueam Art Installation attachment.
- UBC Properties Trust
- UBC Atheletics and Recreation
Manager, Development Services