1800 Block of East Mall - South of Brock Hall
- DP application and plans received on May 16, 2019
- Development Review Committee presentation to be held on May 23, 2019.
- Public Consultation - Open House was held on May 28, 2019 between 11:30am -1:00pm in the Concourse, UBC Life Building, 6138 Student Union Boulevard.
- Public Comment Period May 16 - June 4, 2019.
- DP Resubmission 1 received June 25, 2019
- Temporary DP Issued August 31, 2019; Expires August 31, 2019
At the September 13, 2018 joint meeting of the Board of Governors Finance Committee and Property Committee, a question was raised about the space required for the provision of Integrated Health Services to meet student need in advance of the completion of the Brock Commons Phase 2 project in September 2022. The Facilities and Vice-President Students teams have further developed the interim solutions that will co-locate related services. The services will be provided in two locations – a new modular building to be located adjacent to Brock Hall and in Orchard Commons.
The modular building adjacent to Brock Hall will consist of consolidated counselling space, including case managers and swing space for disability advising with an anticipated installation is in spring/summer 2019 for start of operation in August 2019. The modular building will become part of the inventory of swing space once the short-term health services use is complete. There are multiple sites on which the building can potentially be located to meet future short-term space demands experienced by many units. Life of the modular building is expected to be 30-40 years.
- Infrastructure Development - Project Services
Manager, Development Services