Download map (pdf)
Updated: Sept. 11, 2019
Traffic signals: University Boulevard/Wesbrook Mall
- The traffic signals at University Boulevard / Wesbrook Mall are anticipated to be installed and operational by the end of the week September.
- Until they are installed, flaggers will be managing the intersection from 7am to 6pm on weekdays. More delays to traffic are anticipated with school starting next week. To avoid delays, those familiar with the campus are advised to bypass the intersection by using Chancellor Boulevard, Marine Drive, 16th Avenue and Blanca.
- All major roadwork at the intersection is anticipated to be complete by early October, with landscaping and final pieces to follow.
Thank you for your patience as we go into the home stretch of finishing the work on Wesbrook Mall.
Transit and parking updates
- Reminder, the pedestrian pathway around the west end of the new UBC Bus Exchange Loop will remain closed until the end of the year. There is a pedestrian crossing through the centre of the new Bus Exchange to accommodate the north / south movement or people can go further west beside the Nest.
- The new Bus Priority Lane on Wesbrook Mall southbound from University Boulevard to 16th Avenue is open. The benefits for buses will be fully realized next week as traffic builds up on campus.
UBC Bus Exchange map is shown below. Thank you for your patience as we worked to get the bus exchange and Wesbrook Mall repairs done over the last few months.
The new University Boulevard parking lot is now open. Finishing touches like signage and painting will be ongoing. This is a non-permit parking lot, for shorter-term, visitor parking, and includes multiple level two and three electric vehicle charging stations.