Wesbrook Mall Phase 3 - April 11, 2022 to Sept 30, 2022
The Wesbrook Mall corridor from 16th Avenue to Chancellor Boulevard is being upgraded in phases to repair the condition of the roadway and enhance safety and user experience for all modes of transportation.
The project is mostly complete and both Wesbrook Mall and Chancellor Boulevard are now open. Landscape work and outstanding repair items still need to be done, which will result in a few more closures. These road closures are as follows:
- Chancellor Blvd westbound west of Wesbrook Mall will be closed on Tuesday, September 20th through Friday, September 23rd from 9am to 6pm. Detour routes will be displayed on-site.
- Chancellor Blvd eastbound and westbound east of Wesbrook Mall will be closed on Saturday, September 17th from 9am to 5pm. Detour routes will be displayed on-site.
We thank everyone for their patience while this work was completed. The outcome is being well received by the community.
Visit the project page for details about the work and affected areas.
Thunderbird Boulevard closure for the Transportation Test Bed Project:
- The westbound lane of Thunderbird Boulevard will remain closed the rest of the project (until November / December) between the Thunderbird Parkade and Health Sciences Mall.
- The eastbound lane will be closed nightly from 3pm to 11pm from Thunderbird Parkade to Wesbrook Mall on Wednesday, August 31st and Thursday, September 1st.
Brock Commons Phase 2 - Ongoing to 2023 (extended work hours)
The second phase of Brock Commons is underway on Walter Gage Road just east of East Mall. The main impact of this project is the full closure of Walter Gage Road between East Mall and Tallwood House.
Extended Construction Work Hours
In an effort to ensure the project is completed on time, an application to work outside the restricted construction hours has been approved by Campus and Community Planning. The new construction hours will be from 6:30am to 8:00pm, Mondays to Fridays and 7:30am to 5:00pm on Saturdays. No work will take place on Sundays.
The following steps will be taken to mitigate the noise impact:
- Setup will begin at 6:30am Mondays to Fridays and at 7:30am on Saturdays. This work creates the least amount of noise.
- After the setup, any exterior work with substantially more noise will take place after 7:00am Mondays to Fridays and after 8am on Saturdays. We will ensure this work will be completed before 5:00pm.
The new work hours will begin on July 4th and will continue until the end of October. The new construction hours may be extended if needed. Check this webpage for any further updates. The construction hours are being extended to make up for time that was lost during a recent labour dispute with the concrete suppliers.
The C+CP compliance office will continue to work with the UNA to ensure there is minimal disruption to the community.