The Film & Events Office is responsible for managing and approving any signage or street decals placed on outdoor spaces at UBC.
Estimated Response Time
It may take up to 10 business days before we review your application.
UBC Film and Events office is receiving a higher than usual amount of event requests. We appreciate your patience.
What You Need to Know
- Requests for outdoor signage or street decals must be submitted a minimum of 15 business days in advance.
- Sign requests must be in accordance with UBC's Policy #UP8 - Posting of Notices, Posters and Signs.
- Lawn signs are not permitted on the grass meridian (lawn area in the middle) of Main Mall or University Boulevard, as there is a risk of damage to the underground utilities.
- Street decals are not permitted in the University Commons (plaza next to the Nest and the Life Building).
- UBC does not permit corporate advertising or the marketing of third-party products through the use of lawn signs or street decals.