NOTE: Please read the Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines .
- Outdoor Event Booking Request (online form)
- Outdoor Signage and Street Decal Request (online form)
- Rose Garden Wedding Request (online form)
- Event Risk Management at UBC (pdf form)
- UBC Outdoor Event COVID-19 Safety Plan (pdf form)
UBC COVID-19 Safety Rules and Protocols
- UBC COVID 19 Campus Rules (pdf)
- UBC Events COVID-19 Safety Protocols (pdf)
- UBC Filming COVID-19 Safety Protocols (pdf)
- UBC Student Filming COVID-19 Safety Protocols (pdf)
- UBC Photography COVID-19 Safety Protocols
As the event organizer, you have a legal responsibility to follow all provincial and university rules regarding events on campus. You are also responsible for ensuring the safety of all those who attend the event, including but not limited to:
- Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch - Special Event Permit
- Policy SC1 - Occupational and Research Health and Safety
- Policy SC2 - Smoking, Vaping, and Sale of Tobacco-Related Products on Campus
- Policy SC4 - Environmental Protection Compliance
- Policy SC9 - Serving and Consumption of Alcohol at University Facilities and Events
- Policy SC13 - Response to At-Risk Behaviour
- Policy UP8 - Posting of Notices, Poster and Signs
- Policy UP9 - Space Rental Policy
Events with Alcohol
The following policy must be reviewed and must be signed and submitted to the Film & Events Office 30 business days prior to the start of the event when alcohol is being served:
- Review UBC's Policy #SC9 -Serving and Consumption of Alcohol at University Facilities and Events
- Event organizers must request a Special Event Permit from the Liquor & Cannabis Regulation Branch.
UBC requires the following forms when requesting an event with alcohol:
- UBC Alcohol Request Form or
- UBC Alcohol Request Form: Catering Company
- Event Safety and Emergency Response Plan for events over 100 people. If alcohol is being served by a licensed caterer, the Catered Event Safety and Security Plan from the Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch is required.
Holding a Sustainable Event
- Event planners should use UBC Sustainability's green event planning tips to produce a zero-waste event.
Holding an Accessible and Inclusive Event
- Event organizers should use the Equity and Inclusion Office's Accessible and Inclusive Event Planning guide when planning an event.