The UBC campus is always growing and changing so it's common to encounter construction and road closures. The map below will help you locate existing construction areas and road closures at UBC Vancouver. It is updated regularly to make navigating campus easier.
Arts Student Centre
- Construction on the new Arts Student Centre will begin the week of June 22. The site is located on the northeast corner of Walter Gage Road and East Mall.
- Construction traffic associated with the Arts Student Centre will mostly be arriving and exiting via East Mall and NW Marine Drive. As a result, minimal traffic impacts are anticipated to the UBC community as a result of this construction project.
- East Mall between Crescent Road and Walter Gage Road will be fully closed and a temporary detour will be provided for emergency, service and delivery vehicles via the parking lot to the west of East Mall. Modifications will be made to accommodate two-way traffic and signage will be installed.
Wesbrook Mall Upgrades - Phase 2
Construction will be broken up into four stages, which are detailed below. Construction and detour updates will be posted for each stage of construction. See the Phase 2 project page for more information.
June 8 to July 13 Outside Southbound Lane – Impacts During Construction of Stage 2
- Two-way traffic will be maintained along Wesbrook Mall at all times.
- To avoid delays, traffic can use Blanca or Marine Drive to go around campus.
- Southbound bus stops in front of UBC Hospital will be temporarily closed for safety reasons and will be reopened as soon as possible.
- The pedestrian & cyclist crossing across Wesbrook Mall at Agronomy Road as well as at the UBC Hospital will be closed periodically throughout construction. Closures will be minimized.
- No right turns from southbound Wesbrook Mall to Agronomy Road during this stage of work. Detour route is Thunderbird Boulevard.
- Turning movements will be accommodated to UBC Hospital at all times with traffic control personnel.
- Construction hours are 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and 9a.m. to 5p.m. Saturdays, though weekend work is not scheduled at this time.
- Obey signage and traffic control personal for your safety and the safety of others.
UBC Bus Exchange
Download the map from TransLink.