Wesbrook Mall Upgrades - Phase 2
Construction will be broken up into four stages, which are detailed below. Construction and detour updates will be posted for each stage of construction. See the Phase 2 project page for more information.
May 4 – June 15: Outside Northbound Lane
- The detour route for traffic is east to Blanca or west to Marine Drive. Signage will be provided.
- Pedestrians and cyclists can alternatively use Wesbrook Crescent from North of Walter Gage Road to the UBC Bus Exchange Exit. Signage will be provided.
- Buses will be detoured.
Specific impacts during construction of Stage 1 along Wesbrook Mall are as follows:
- Two-way traffic will be maintained along Wesbrook Mall at all times.
- Bus stops will be temporarily closed within the project scope for safety reasons and will be reopened as soon as possible.
- The sidewalk along the east side of Wesbrook Mall from Thunderbird Blvd to Agronomy Road will be closed during the first stage of construction from approximately May 18 to June 15. The detour route will be signed.
- The pedestrian & cyclist crossing across Wesbrook Mall at Agronomy Road as well as at the UBC Hospital will be closed periodically throughout construction. Closures will be minimized.
- No turning movements will be accommodated to / from Agronomy Road east of Wesbrook Mall.
- Construction hours are 7:30a.m. to 7p.m. weekdays and 9a.m. to 5p.m. Saturdays, though weekend work is not scheduled at this time.
TransLink Service Changes
With transit ridership impacted by COVID-19, TransLink implemented cost-saving measures to reduce or suspend some transit services at UBC on Wednesday April 22, 2020.
Commuters to the UBC Vancouver campus were impacted with reductions in SeaBus, SkyTrain and West Coast Express services starting April 22 as well as suspensions in some bus routes serving UBC starting April 24. Details of all service changes and suspensions are available on TransLink’s Transit Service Changes Website new.translink.ca.
Read more about the transit changes at UBC.
UBC Bus Exchange
Download the map from TransLink.