The UBC campus is always growing and changing so it's common to encounter construction and road closures. The map below will help you locate existing construction areas and road closures at UBC Vancouver. It is updated regularly to make navigating campus easier.
Paving Work - 16th Avenue (Blanca to Hampton Place)
- Starting Wednesday November 4, the BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is paving the pathways along 16th Avenue from Hampton Place to Blanca.
- When complete, the pathways will be 2.5m wide for shared use between pedestrians and cyclists. During construction the pathways will be closed as will some parking along 16th Avenue.
- Please obey flaggers and signage to ensure everyone’s safety and to avoid construction delays.
Arts Student Centre
- Construction on the new Arts Student Centre will begin the week of June 22. The site is located on the northeast corner of Walter Gage Road and East Mall.
- Construction traffic associated with the Arts Student Centre will mostly be arriving and exiting via East Mall and NW Marine Drive. As a result, minimal traffic impacts are anticipated to the UBC community as a result of this construction project.
- East Mall between Crescent Road and Walter Gage Road will be fully closed and a temporary detour will be provided for emergency, service and delivery vehicles via the parking lot to the west of East Mall. Modifications will be made to accommodate two-way traffic and signage will be installed.
UBC Bus Exchange
Download the map from TransLink.