The UBC campus is always growing and changing so it's common to encounter construction and road closures. The map below will help you locate existing construction areas and road closures at UBC Vancouver. It is updated regularly to make navigating campus easier.
Walter Gage Road
- Construction will begin on September 7th, 2021 and is estimated to be completed in October 2021.
- Walter Gage Road (from the east edge of Walter Gage Residence to Wesbrook Mall) will be fully closed, but it will be open from the west end at East Mall to maintain access for residents, guests and visitors.
- Visit the project page to learn more about what will be changing in this area.
Arts Student Centre
- Construction on the new Arts Student Centre will begin the week of June 22, 2021. The site is located on the northeast corner of Walter Gage Road and East Mall.
- Construction traffic associated with the Arts Student Centre will mostly be arriving and exiting via East Mall and NW Marine Drive. As a result, minimal traffic impacts are anticipated to the UBC community as a result of this construction project.
- East Mall between Crescent Road and Walter Gage Road will be fully closed and a temporary detour will be provided for emergency, service and delivery vehicles via the parking lot to the west of East Mall. Modifications will be made to accommodate two-way traffic and signage will be installed.