- Easily navigate the campus using Wayfinding at UBC Vancouver.
- To download printable maps, visit the Campus Maps page.
University Boulevard Closures - April 17 to August 19
University Boulevard will be partially closed for utility work between April 17 to August 19. Detours will be in place to accommodate local access and deliveries.
The first stage of this work will be along University Boulevard in the westbound lane. All parking will be closed and all westbound traffic will be detoured across the median so that there is two-way traffic on the south side of University Boulevard.
All buses that normally use the University Boulevard Loop will be detoured to use the UBC Bus Exchange. Visit TransLink Alerts to learn more and to plan your route during this time.
There will be no parking along University Boulevard. Visit UBC parking to find nearby lots.
Building/Parking Lot Access
- Access to the University Boulevard Lot, AMS Student Nest and Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre parking and servicing will be open and will be the turnaround point for local traffic.
- Deliveries to Central and Focal will take place on University Boulevard with the assistance of a flagger during work hours.
- The lane along the south edge of War Memorial Gym will be available for use by UBC Waste Management to service War Memorial Gym during the second phase of construction.
During the first phase of construction, there will be no impacts to pedestrians along University Boulevard. In the second phase of construction, pedestrians will be asked to follow signage around closures areas, but access to all commercial units and residences along University Boulevard will be maintained.
Thunderbird Boulevard closure - ongoing
Work is still ongoing at the project site, so pedestrian detours and short duration disruptions on Thunderbird Blvd can still be expected.
Walter Gage Road closure until September 2023
Walter Gage Road east of East Mall will remain closed until September 2023. Pedestrians will be detoured around the site as shown in the map above.
The second phase of Brock Commons is underway on Walter Gage Road just east of East Mall. The main impact of this project is the full closure of Walter Gage Road between East Mall and Tallwood House.
Extended Construction Work Hours
In an effort to ensure the project is completed on time, an application to work outside the restricted construction hours has been approved by Campus and Community Planning. The new construction hours will be from 6:00am to 8:00pm, Mondays to Fridays and 8:00am to 5:00pm on Saturdays. Any work taking place on Weekdays or Sundays prior to regulated work hours will not include machinery or loud tools.
The following steps will be taken to mitigate the noise impact:
- Any work that produces a substantial amount of noise such as cutting and hammering will not take place prior to 7:30am.
- Every effort will be made to ensure the construction work will be completed before 7:00PM.
The new construction hours may be extended if needed. Check this webpage for any further updates.
The construction hours are being extended to make up for time that was lost during a recent labour dispute with the concrete suppliers. The C+CP compliance office will continue to work with the UNA to ensure there is minimal disruption to the community.
Visit the Brock Commons Phase 2 project page to learn more about this project.
Hospital Lane Road Closure
Construction for the new Food and Beverage Innovation Centre located on the south side of Hospital Lane between East Mall and Health Sciences Mall is currently underway. This will result in the full closure of Hospital Lane. Pedestrians will be detoured to the north side of the School of Population and Public Health building as shown in the map above.
Visit the Food and Beverage Innovation Centre project page to learn more about this project.
Student Union Boulevard closures until March 24th
The eastbound lane on Student Union Boulevard will be closed until March 24th. Eastbound traffic will be detoured north to Walter Gage Road to exit onto Wesbrook Mall. This work will result in some delays to traffic, so please plan ahead.
- Pedestrians crossing Student Union Boulevard west of the Exchange Residence, will be detoured east or west to other crossings.
- No public parking or space for pick-up / drop-off will be available on Student Union Boulevard, except in front of the Tim Horton’s.