Construction on Wesbrook Mall - Road Closures
- Construction work related to the Neighbourhood District Energy System will affect parking and local traffic.
- Resident parking along the east side of Wesbrook Mall from south of Binning Avenue to north of Ross Drive will be CLOSED starting February 1.
- The northbound lane on Wesbrook Mall will be CLOSED from Monday, February 5 to approximately March 29, resulting in single lane alternating traffic in the southbound lane between Binning Avenue and Ross Drive.
- Work hours are 7:30am to 7pm on weekdays, though work is anticipated to end earlier than 7pm each day.
- Outside of work hours, the northbound lane on Wesbrook Mall will be reopened to traffic, but parking will remain closed.
- Priority will be given to buses at all times.
- Delays should be anticipated, so please plan alternate routes for non-local trips.
Wesbrook Place Lot 6 Traffic Management
Construction on Lot 6, future home of Wordsworth, at the corner of Wesbrook Mall and Binning Road will begin in June 2023 and is expected to be completed in Fall 2025. Visit the traffic management page for an overview of the traffic control that will be in place during construction to minimize impacts to the neighbourhood.
Walter Gage Road Closure to Fall 2024
Walter Gage Road east of East Mall will remain closed until fall 2024. Pedestrians are detoured around the site as shown in the map above.
The second phase of Brock Commons is underway on Walter Gage Road just east of East Mall with Brock Commons North opening fall 2023. The main impact of this project is the full closure of Walter Gage Road between East Mall and Tallwood House.
Extended Construction Work Hours
In an effort to ensure the project is completed on time, an application to work outside the restricted construction hours has been approved by Campus and Community Planning. The new construction hours will be from 6:00am to 8:00pm, Mondays to Fridays and 8:00am to 5:00pm on Saturdays. Any work taking place on Weekdays or Sundays prior to regulated work hours will not include machinery or loud tools.
The following steps will be taken to mitigate the noise impact:
- Any work that produces a substantial amount of noise such as cutting and hammering will not take place prior to 7:30am.
- Every effort will be made to ensure the construction work will be completed before 7:00PM.
The new construction hours may be extended if needed. Check this webpage for any further updates.
The construction hours are being extended to make up for time that was lost during a recent labour dispute with the concrete suppliers. The C+CP compliance office will continue to work with the UNA to ensure there is minimal disruption to the community.
Visit the Brock Commons Phase 2 project page to learn more about this project.
Hospital Lane Road Closure
Construction for the new Food and Beverage Innovation Centre located on the south side of Hospital Lane between East Mall and Health Sciences Mall is currently underway. This will result in the full closure of Hospital Lane. Pedestrians will be detoured to the north side of the School of Population and Public Health building as shown in the map above.
Visit the Food and Beverage Innovation Centre project page to learn more about this project.