Business licenses are required for any person(s) to conduct a commercial or home based business in the local area neighborhoods as identified in the Land Use Plan.
The UBC neighbourhoods in which you need a business license are:
- Chancellor Place
- University Boulevard
- East Campus
- Hawthorn Place
- Wesbrook Place
- Hampton Place
Types of Businesses
There are two types of commercial enterprises that fall under this category:
- General Commercial Businesses are defined by any commercially oriented business or organization.
- Home Based Businesses are defined as a craft or occupation conducted as an accessory use subordinate to the principal residential use of a dwelling unit (resident), and must only be conducted within the principal building on the site.
- Business License Regulations for UBC Vancouver
- Commercial Business License Guide
- Home-Based Business License Guide