You don’t need to wait until the Climate Action Plan 2030 is finalized to start taking action on climate change.
Check out this list of ways to get involved as well as the tips from John Madden, the Director of Sustainability and Engineering at Campus and Community Planning.
- Refer to UBC’s Sustainable Purchasing Guide when purchasing goods and services.
- Explore funding opportunities for climate action projects on campus.
- Follow UBC’s climate emergency response through livestreams of Board of Governors Sustainability & Committee Action Committee Meetings and via the Climate Emergency website.
- Subscribe to the UBC Workplace Sustainability eNewsletter to receive the latest updates on workplace sustainability-related news and campaigns, networking and learning opportunities, cross-campus sustainability highlights from fellow staff members, and tips for integrating sustainable practices into your workplace and routines.
- Become a Sustainability Coordinator. Open to all UBC Vancouver employees, join an ever-growing network of campus coordinators and receive the support, awareness, skills and tools to foster sustainable practices in your workplace.
- Work in a laboratory environment? Participate in UBC’s Green Labs Program, which empowers researchers to reduce the environmental impact of laboratory-based activities by implementing sustainable practices and technologies.
- Connect with employee sustainability representatives in your building, faculty or department using UBC’s new Find a Sustainability Representative tool. Are you a representative on a building or departmental Sustainability Committee but not listed in the search tool? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.