October 23-29 is Bike to Work (+ School) Week!
Jump on a bike and invite a friend or colleague to join you for Bike to Work Week at UBC, October 23-29, 2017.
Participating is free, quick and easy:
- Register online with HUB (the sooner, the better)
- Choose your workplace – “University of British Columbia-UBC” – then join a team or create your own.
- Map your route to work.
- Log your route with HUB each day you ride. This will track your kilometers, GHG emissions and calories.
Nervous about joining? Here are the top five reasons you should participate:
- To feel great
- To save money
- To get to where you're going faster
- To enter to win prizes (including new bikes, and even a cycling tour in Italy)
- To defend UBC’s Champion status
If you already registered in a previous Bike to Work Week, simply log in and log a trip to be considered a spring participant. Once you’re done, start thinking about the other UBC teams you’re going to try and beat this year.
If you are a seasoned cyclist, perhaps it’s time to think about your bragging rights? We need competitive riders to help UBC defend its place as champion for Best Workplace 1000+ and Best in Higher Education in BC.
Fall Cycling Workshop
Wednesday, October 11, 12-1:00 pm
Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability (CIRS) Policy Labs, 2260 West Mall [map]
To help you get ready to ride throughout the fall and winter, UBC and HUB are offering a free lunch hour workshop!
This intermediate-level workshop is a great way to encourage those who ride in warmer weather to try biking to work in the Fall. Participants will learn more advanced tips and tricks about biking to work in Metro Vancouver’s winter riding conditions, including dressing for the weather (staying warm and dry), more advanced cycling safety, advanced use of your gears, cold-weather care for your bike, lights, and visibility, and more. Bike maps and other resources are provided to all participants. The workshop will also cover information on how to sign up for Fall Bike to Work Week.
Lunch is provided. Space is limited, so please register in advance to reserve a space.
Wednesday, October 25, 4-6:00 pm
Lee Square, by the UBC Bookstore [map]
Stop by the Celebration Station for bike-friendly fun!
- Free tune-ups by The Bike Kitchen
- TransLink bike racks to practice putting your bike on the bus
- Register your bike for free with Project 529, an anti-theft bike program and recovery service
- Cycling route maps
- Free coffee and snacks from UBC Food Services
- Enter to win great prizes
- CiTR providing music
UBC Results and Top 2017 Teams
Congratulations to the 500+ UBC cyclists who participated in Spring 2017 Bike to Work Week! Read our story on UBC’s results and top 10 teams to get inspired. Log your rides during the Fall Bike to Work Week to keep up the momentum.
Learn about bike share programs on campus and UBC discounted memberships with Mobi by Shaw Go bike share.
Check out our map with bike storage, end-of-trip facilities and bike routes to help you start planning your trip today.