May 29 to June 4 is Bike to Work (and School) Week!
There’s no better time to get inspired to get active and energized on your way to UBC, and reduce your carbon footprint. You can also win great prizes! We’ve got lots going on through the week to keep you pumped up and prepared to tackle anything (including the hill).
Participating in Bike to Work/School Week is free, quick and easy:
- Register online with HUB (the sooner, the better)
- Choose your workplace – “University of British Columbia-UBC” – then join a team or create your own.
- Map your route to work.
- Log your route with HUB each day you ride. This will track your kilometers, GHG emissions and calories.
Nervous about joining? Here are the top five reasons to sign up:
- You'll feel great being active!
- The prizes (including a trip to Croatia, a cycling tour in Italy, and new bikes)!
- Get places faster
- Save cash -- don't you want extra money to spend on things other than transportation?
- It's way more fun than traffic or a crowded bus!
If you already registered in a previous Bike to Work Week, simply log in and log a trip to be considered a spring participant. Once you’re done, start thinking about the other UBC teams you’re going to try and beat this year.
If you are a seasoned cyclist, perhaps it’s time to think about your bragging rights? We need competitive riders to help UBC defend its place as champion for Best Workplace 1000+ and Best in Higher Education in BC!
Thursday, June 1: Celebration Station
4:00-6:00 pm, Lee Square (by the UBC Bookstore)
Be sure to stop by the Celebration Station at Lee Square for:
- Free tune-ups by The Bike Kitchen
- Cycling route maps
- Free coffee and snacks
- Chance to win great prizes
CiTR will be providing music, UBC Food Services will be providing free granola bars and you can practice using the TransLink bike racks that are installed on the front of buses. You can also sign up your bike with Project 529, a free anti-theft bike program and recovery service.
UBC Bike to Work Week Photo Contest
New this year! Submit a fun team photo of your colleagues on bikes to email@example.com by June 5th for your chance to win a $50 gift certificate to UBC Food Services.
UTown @UBC Community Bike Clinics
Get your wheels in tip-top shape for spring at one of our UTown @UBC Community Bike Clinics. Mechanics from the UBC Bike Kitchen will be on hand getting you ready to ride just in time for Bike to Work Week with free tune-ups, tips on bike maintenance and cycling skills.
June 1 from 12-2pm, UBC Bookstore
For more information, visit the AMS Bike Co-op website.
Learn about bike share programs on campus and UBC discounted memberships with Mobi by Shaw Go bike share.
Check out our map with bike storage, end-of-trip facilities and bike routes to help you start planning your trip today.