Thank you to everyone who participated in Bike to Work (+ School) Week, May 28 - June 3, 2018
The next Bike to Work Week will be held in Fall 2018. Read about the results of the Spring 2018 Bike to Work Week.
About Bike to Work Week
Bike to Work Week is a great way to get healthy, active and energized at work, and reduce your carbon footprint. You can also win prizes and help UBC defend its place as regional champion for Best Workplace 1000+ and Best in Higher Education!
Participating is free, quick and easy:
- Register online with HUB (the sooner, the better)
- Choose your workplace – “University of British Columbia-UBC” – then join a team or create your own.
- Map your route to work.
- Log your route with HUB each day you ride
Top five reasons to participate:
- Feel great
- Save money
- Get to where you're going faster
- Enter to win prizes (including new bikes, and even a cycling tour in Portugal)
- Defend UBC’s Champion status
If you already registered in a previous Bike to Work Week, simply log in and log a trip to be considered a spring participant. Encourage your colleagues and friends to join your team! Logging trips is easy and will track your kilometres cycled, emissions saved and calories burned.
If you are a seasoned cyclist, perhaps it’s time to think about your bragging rights? We need competitive riders to help UBC defend our champion status.
Thursday, May 31, 4:00-6:00 pm
Lee Square, by the UBC Bookstore [map]
Stop by the Celebration Station for bike-friendly fun and enter to win a Kryptonite U-Lock from More Bikes and cycling clothing from Sugoi (value $200+)
- Free tune-ups by The Bike Kitchen
- TransLink bike racks to practice putting your bike on the bus
- Register your bike for free with Project 529, an anti-theft bike program and recovery service
- Bike lock demos by UBC Campus Security
- Cycling route maps
- Free coffee and snacks from UBC Food Services and HUB
- Enter to win great prizes
- CiTR providing music
- Learn about UBC's new campus bike share pilot program
#iBikeUBC Social Media Contest
First-timer or long-time commuter? Tell us why you bike to UBC for a chance to win a Kryptonite U-Lock from More Bikes in Wesbrook Village!
- Tweet a photo or make an Instagram post including the #iBikeUBC hashtag
- Tell us why you bike to UBC
- Tag @sustainUBC on Twitter and/or @ubcsustainability on Instagram
To participate on Facebook, post a photo and tell us why you bike to UBC on the Celebration Station Facebook event page.
Winners will be selected on Monday, June 4th. In addition to the U-lock give-away, we will be distributing UBC Sustainability water bottles as tokens of appreciation for our three favourite posts, so get creative!
Putting Your Bike on the Bus Like a Pro
Have you ever struggled to get your bike on the bus? We're here to help! Watch this video to learn some helpful hints and tips to get your bike on the bus -- stress free!
Top 2017 UBC Bike to Work Week Teams
Congratulations to everyone who participated in Bike to Work Week last year! During last Spring 2017 Bike to Work Week, 520 UBC cyclists on 76 teams covered more than 26,000 kilometres on their commutes, saving 5,700 kg of greenhouse gases from entering the atmosphere. Read more about the results here.
Log your rides during Spring 2018 Bike to Work Week to keep up the momentum!
Learn about bike share programs on campus and UBC discounted memberships with Mobi by Shaw Go bike share.
- Check out our map with bike storage, end-of-trip facilities and bike routes to help you start planning your trip today.
Share the News about Bike to Work Week
Help us spread the word about #UBC #BTWW by sharing on your social channels! Use the sample tweets below or create your own.
Hop on your bike for #UBC Bike to Work & School Week, May 28 to June 3! #BTWW https://bit.ly/2xSetVm
Burn calories, not gas. #UBC Bike to Work & School Week is May 28 to June 3! https://bit.ly/2xSetVm
Register now for #UBC Bike to Work & School Week, May 28 to June 3. Bike tune-ups, prizes and more. #BTWW https://bit.ly/2xSetVm
UBC & @WeAreHub Bike to Work Week Celebration Station on May 31, 4-6pm. Free tune-ups from @UBCbike, register your bike with @Project529, music by @CiTRradio, snacks by @UBCfoodie, prizes and more. https://bit.ly/2xSetVm
Drop by the Bike to Work Week Celebration on May 31, 4-6pm. Presented by @WeAreHub with free tune-ups from @UBCbike, register your bike with @Project529, music by @CiTRradio, snacks by @UBCfoodie, prizes and more. https://bit.ly/2xSetVm