UBC's Transportation Plans are developed through long-term, in-depth community consultation processes.
2014 UBC Transportation Plan
- By 2040 at least two-thirds of trips to and from UBC will be made by walking, cycling, or transit
- Daily transit person trips to and from UBC increased by 298% from 1997-2012
- UBC's daytime population grew by 51% between 1997 and 2012, yet daily automobile traffic has been maintained at or less than 1997 levels
Download: 2014 UBC Transportation Plan
To find out more about the public consultation process for the 2014 UBC Transportation Plan, click here.
2005 Strategic Transportation Plan
- Maintain daily automobile traffic at or less than 1997 levels
- Implement an on-campus shuttle service
- Create an end-of-trip facilities plan for cyclists
- Implement a U-Pass program for UBC residents, staff and faculty
1998 Strategic Transportation Plan
- A 4.8% reduction in SOV trips from 1997 levels despite the 22% growth in student enrolment, plus associated faculty and staff
- A 163% increase in transit ridership
- A 13% reduction in daily automobile volume